Friday, 20 November 2015

Magazine Genre Choice


Music Magazine Genre Choice

I have chosen my magazine’s genre to be both indie pop and indie/alternative rock due to many reasons;

·       The magazine covers, contents pages and double page spreads of both genres I used in my research being fairly similar.

·       Both styles of music being categorized as the “Indie” segments of their genres.

·       Both styles of music attracting different audiences therefore attracting more potential buyers of my magazine.

·       Both styles of music having many similarities concerning their styles of music.

·       Both of the genres’ elite persons/protagonists having a similar style in clothing.

·       Some of the target audience will listen to both genres.

·       Using both genres is my magazine’s USP, no other magazines I have seen have the same USP therefore making my product unique.

·       I am interested in and listen to both genres, therefore I believe it would be the ideal for me to make a magazine based on these genres due to me being part of the potential target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment