Friday, 20 November 2015

Research Into Use of Colour


Research into Use of Colour in Existing Indie Pop and Indie Rock Magazines.


Most magazines in the indie rock and indie pop genres predominantly use the colours black and white, I believe they use these ‘neutral colours’ because they don’t clash with any other colours therefore making the text easily readable. A lot of the pictures of the protagonists are also in black and white, this creates a sense of enigma around them due to the colours having connotations of being mysterious, this make the target audience want to find out more about the protagonist therefore attracting attention (A.I.D.A.A. theory) towards the magazine.
I have also noticed the use of primary colours which are nearly opposites on the colour wheel such blue and yellow, this creates contrast (but not too much that it that it’s off putting) between the colours making text stand out whilst also grabbing the eye of the consumer.
I have also noticed links between nationalities and colour schemes (e.g. red, white and blue and the UK). This will create a sense of belonging (Maslow’s theory) between the target audience and the protagonists due to some of the target audience being from certain locations therefore being able to relate to the protagonist from the same area.

No comments:

Post a Comment